Print

Results

All patients fill in questionnaires when treatment begins, after six months when treatment ends, and two years, and five years after that.

For example we now (November 2016) have 1 272 patients that ended their therapy more than 2 years ago. 236 patients (18%) couldn't be reached, or didn't send back their questionnaire, which leaves 1036 patients. When therapy started for these patients, 46 % had anorexia, 30 % had bulimia, 21 % had eating-disorders NOS, and  2 % had binge-eating disorder.

Two years after therapy ended 71 % (734 patients) did no longer fill the criteria for an eating-disorder, according to DSM IV. Another 23 % were significantly better than when therapy started. We failed to help about 6 % who didn´t show any significant changes.

We also have 1196 patients that ended their therapy more than 5 years ago. 268 patients (22 %) couldn't be reached, or didn't send back their questionnaire, which leaves 928 patients. Of these 928 patients, 78 % did no longer fill the criteria for an eating-disorder, according to DSM IV. Another 16 % were significantly better than when therapy started. We failed to help about 6 % who didn´t show any significant changes.

The results are rather good considering both that the patients usually have had their eating-disorder for many years and have tried several other treatments earlier, and that the treatment-program consists of only thirty in - patient days during six months time.